Sunday, December 19, 2010

Merry Relaxing Christmas to all and to all a good night!

As my shift continues on through the day today I can't help but allow my mind to totally space out drift off into vacation mode.  I just am soooooo excited for my much needed break to this semester and "finals" period.  Tuesday is my last final for Statistics and cannot come fast enough. 
As my hubby and I were shopping for mass amounts of Christmas gifts last night, I made sure to pick up three of my favorite magazines (Shape, Self, and of course Cosmo) to be read on the car ride out of town Friday evening to the in-laws house a mere few states away.  I will happily be sitting in the passenger seat, reading my mags. catching up on my leisurely reading on the Kindle (What? What's reading for pleasure like again? haha), cranking up my favorite tunes on the radio including some Christmas songs that I'm going to belt out on the top of my lungs with the kids' help of course, pluck any last few stragglers of eyebrow hairs to make my look complete, over indulge on my diet dew addiction, and totally, utterly, and adamantly just not worry about any school work, or 9-5 work, or let anything rain on my parade of complete serene enjoyment! 
Merry Christmas to you all and hoping you all find a way to relax and take some time for yourselves this holiday season.
 
Please don't forget the reason for the season through your busy lives and whining and crankiness over relatives and disagreements, or burned food, or nasty cold temperatures, or unwanted gifts.

I love this passage from a Guideposts greeting Christmas card I got: 
In the quiet of a Christmas night so many years ago came a miracle... A Savior, Our Hope and Promise.
This was also on the inside of the card:
God grant you the light in Christmas, which is faith;
The warmth of Christmas, which is love;
The radiance of Christmas, which is purity;
The righteousness of Christmas, which is justice;
The belief in Christmas, which is truth;
The all of Christmas, which is Christ.
-Wilda English
Amen, hope you all enjoy your family and friends and loved ones this Christmas season!

3 comments:

  1. Good luck on the stats final, doll. I'm sure you'll do great. :-)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Good luck on your finals ! and thanks for following my blog! :)
    Have a Happy Christmas and Hoping the New year will be all that you wish for!

    ReplyDelete
  3. ED thanks, but I not thinking I'll do great, just looking to pass the class with a C. It's been the 2nd hardest class to date.

    CC thank you, and I enjoy your blog very much, please try to enjoy your Christmas and New year despite being sick.

    ReplyDelete