Sunday, October 10, 2010

Getaway without leaving my house

This weekend has got to be one of the most quiet and relaxing (outside of the 24 hours of work I put in) that I've had in a long time.  My husband and son flew to Dallas for a Cowboy's game this weekend and left my daughter and I home together.  Outside of my long shifts at work, my daughter and I have gone out to eat each night and rented movies. 
Last night we watched Letters to Juliet and it was just what the doctor ordered!  A beautiful, romantic comedy, sappy and absolutely perfect without a man in the house to comment about it. 
My daughter and I are sitting in our front room quietly without distractions from the multiple football games usually going on at this time, doing our homework before school tomorrow.  Who could ask for anything better than that?  I have a test in my gym class, a paper to write for my Existentialism class on Kierkegaard, two journal entries for my sociology class, and 3-4 more chapters in various classes combined.  However I do miss my warm and cuddly hubby next to me and pray for safe travels with him and my son back home tomorrow.  Right now I think I'm going to take a time out to walk the 'ole dog.  Ciao!

2 comments: