Tuesday, August 16, 2011

small, tiny, 10 day challenge

Thanks to Pollyanna at Scrubs and Crocs for bringing it to my attention, I'm proud to announce that I'm going to try one of these darn challenges again.  Last time I did one, I had just ended my semester and tried to fit it all in one posting.  This time the challenge is shorter I’ve decided to take a little more time filling it out so I don’t overwhelmed you all with my info.

10 Day Blog Challenge (source: HeckYeahTumblrChallenges)

1 - Write about your first crush. Who was it? Do you still talk to them?

2 - What was the last movie you saw in theatres?

3 - What’s something you think of all the time, but never say out loud?

4 - Do you have a job? If you do, what is it and do you like it? If not, what job would you like to have?

5 - What’s in your bed right now? Take a picture of your bed.

6 - What’s a picture of yourself that not a lot of people have seen?

7 - What’s something you don’t usually blog about?

8 - Who’s someone that you used to be really close to, but you’re not anymore?

9 - What’s something you worry about for the future?

10 - Do you play any sports?
 ________________________________________________

Day 1 says that I need to write about my first crush, who it was, and do I still talk to them. 

My first crush was a guy named Jason McGrath, who was a sophomore while I was a freshman in high school.  He and I started the best of friendships talking to each other every day after school late into the evenings.  One night I wanted more out of this friendship and I went and pushed the envelope by asking him in a hasty note (that I stuffed into his locker after one of my last classes for the day) if he would be my boyfriend and then I demanded he let me know that evening by calling me if he was interested otherwise forget it and never to call me again. 

I was heartbroken when he never called and horrified the next morning when I saw him at school looking terribly upset with me. 

He told me that his father took him to a hockey game the night before and he never got my note which is why he never called me back.  He said he would’ve accepted my offer of being his girlfriend, but because I was “too pushy” he wasn’t interested in me anymore.  WHAT???!!!
Beyonce sings it best when she says “I’m the best thing you’ll never have”, and Jason was not meant to have dear-little-old-Zazzy. 

Instead of that loser, I got a much better man who loves my "love notes" and pushiness and who I wouldn't know how to live without. 

Needless to say I haven’t talked to Jason McGrath since high school but I did hear that he got a girl pregnant the following year and who knows if they got married.

2 comments:

  1. He he I remember him! I even knew his girlfriend that was pregnant. I wonder if they ever made it, statistically I don't think they did. ;0)

    ReplyDelete
  2. How funny huh? I totally was going to mention my massive crush on Yancy, but that wasn't nearly as mortifing as this crush. Haha.

    ReplyDelete