Friday, August 19, 2011

Movie in the Theatre (Day 2)

What was the last movie you saw in theatres?
The last movie I can remember watching in the theatre was Little Fockers last Christmas.  We went to spend the holidays with my husband’s family in Indiana.  Usually with his side of the family during the holidays we take a timeout from the hustle and bustle of a crowded gathering and head over to the movie theatre.  This allows us to stretch our legs, take a deep breath of fresh air and break up the monotony.  Attendance to this movie included mother and father-in law, me and my hubby, our two kids, and sister-in-law and two of her three kids (I think)?
The movie was alright, but any time you watch sequels they’re never better than the original.  Unfortunately for the season our family is in right now, financially movie theatres are too pricy.  Redbox movies are a much better buy and since I’m not worried about seeing the movie the minute it comes to DVD, I’m pleasantly surprised most times on most of my picks.

3 comments:

  1. I actually go to the Movies alot.I think its one of those things I truly enjoy doing. Its been great for mother son bonding, mother daughter bonding, great family bonding and nice date nights.

    We also still do the guy girl split. The kids really enjoy this. The boys will go to a "guy" movie and the girls will go to the "chick flick" and meet to discuss after. I think my husband appreciates this because it means I don't have to drag him.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Christine-I absolutely love your movie date night with the fam. We have a boy and girl and it would be more enjoyable as the girls love the chick flicks and the boys don't. Humm, I may incorporate this plan on special occasions. Thanks girl.

    ReplyDelete
  3. UPDATE: Last night I went and saw The Help. This was a great movie, something I wouldn't mind seeing again. I can't wait for winter break so I can read the book.

    ReplyDelete