Tuesday, August 9, 2011

Books for Fall 2011

Classes start back up again the day after Labor Day, and this coming Friday I’m heading to my university bookstore to buy all of my books.  $569 is the expected amount of money it will set me back.  Here is the list of most of the books we’ll be using this fall. There are a couple others that are not listed here because they’re included in a book bundle that didn’t have any pictures.


Professional Nursing: Concepts & Challenges (Chitty, Professional Nursing; Concepts and Challenges) by Kay Kittrell Chitty RN EdD CS


NURSES AND FAMILIES: A Guide to Family Assessment and Intervention by Dr Wright

Community/Public Health Nursing: Promoting the Health of Populations by Mary A. Nies PhD RN FAAN FAAHB

Wong's Nursing Care of Infants and Children (Book with CD) by Marilyn J. Hockenberry

Pearson Nurse's Drug Guide 2011 by Billie A. Wilson, Margaret A. Shannon and Kelly Shields

Gerontologic Nursing by Sue E. Meiner EdD APRN BC GNP (Paperback - Sep 27, 2010)

Earlier last month I spent $160 on our supply pack that will include dressing changes, tubing, cath care, and IV stuff from a company called Coursey Enterprises. 


ssee
I'm starting to get nervous but I'm firm on the belief that this semester will prove to be a better testing semester for me.  I'm going charge myself to get higher test scores and spend more time studying rather than blogging and definately no facebooking. 

3 comments:

  1. Do what you need to do, lady. This year is my hard year too, so there's a chance that I won't be blogging (often) either. Or, worse, that I will...and will be talking about boring things like PATHOLOGY. Lol. :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Zazzy, I hear you. I just bought my first book for September for $90. I need to keep track there must be a write-off somewhere.

    Red Stethoscope, some of us like to read about things like Pathology.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hey,
    I got my ISBN numbers from the bookstore and researched them through amazon.com and half.com, and a few other places. I found them for $250 cheaper online. Maybe you have done that, (thus the pictures) but I wanted to throw that out there.

    ReplyDelete