Friday, October 12, 2012

5 Things Friday

Hello wonderful world!  It is Friday again and I had an amazing/terrible past couple weeks.  Last week we had 2 exams jammed into 1 week that I'm still reeling from.  Of all exams to score low, I had to go and score low on my Peds exam but high on my community exam.  Not just low like some nursing students think is low like a 98%, I scored a whooping 71%.  In case any of you out there didn't know, that equals failing.  I have 2 more exams and a cumulative final in that class to pick up the pieces and do better.  After that failure student moment, my wonderful, dear supporting hubby helped to guide me on another path in hopes of helping me study for future exams.  He's simply amazing with the amount of knowledge in his head and abilities to see silver linings when I cannot.

He also took me to a Vikings/Titans game that I totally needed!  I was able to sit and watch the fall colors on the trees on the way to Minneapolis and sat up really late the night before the game gabbing on for hours with my sisters and mom.  Life is truly amazing when you can step back and look at the whole instead of the small pieces like nursing school.  Ultimately Vikings won and I cheered the loudest!  Ow ow!



 PS this is the new improved roof and it looks plenty sturdy!



Here is one of the concept maps/care plans I ended up studying for aforementioned failure Peds exam.


However I say this week has been amazing because I took a third exam yesterday in our management nursing class and scored a 95%!  Total redemption and I don't feel as dense as I did last week.  My hubby took me out to lunch and later that evening I cooked two huge batches of cheesy potato soup for the next few weeks and some cake cookies along with some chocolate brownies.
Because that's what I do when I've get a free moment away from studying and learning...I cook/bake!!  Here is a picture of my apron that I loveee sooo much!


Earlier this week (sorry for being out of order), my daughter purchased her first car and got it registered.  This picture shows a sliver of her standing next to her vehicle and she is so excited to finally have a car of her own and go places on her own.  Ahhh sweet freedom, I'm so proud of her and am happy she can finally be her own chauffeur and for her brother too.


Last but not least I was feeling so good about myself yesterday that after class I went and applied for graduation for next May.  Yess!  I cannot wait to be done.


Hope you all had great weeks and I hope your weekends are filled with fun times.  Get out and enjoy the last few days of fall, before the snow falls (depending on where you live of course).  I've got to go to work soon and I'll be working 12 hours tomorrow.  Sunday I'm thrilled to go to church and work on more schoolwork for the following week.

4 comments:

  1. Skol Vikings let's win the game
    Skol Vikings honor thy name
    Let's get a first down
    Let's get a touchdown

    Rock 'em
    Sock 'em

    FIGHT FIGHT FIGHT FIGHT

    Skol Vikings run up the score
    You'll hear us yell for more!

    V-I-K-I-N-G-S

    Skol Vikings let's skol!!!

    (the things I left behind :P)

    Glad you had fun!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Ya gotta love it! I was able to sing that song quite often that Sunday and it was exciting and fun to say the least! Let's hope they win today!

      Delete
  2. oh no. i wouldn't wish 2 tests in one week on ANYONE!
    we had 2 back to back this week.
    good thing you got a chance to do something NOT associated with nursing school. we all need a break sometimes.
    our fall break is this week. i keep calling it "spring break" on accident, but maybe that just shows how bad i need it!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Please define fall break? Do you really get a week of school off dedicated for "break"? Wow that would be wonderful!! All we get is Thanksgiving day off. But our semester is over the third week of December and we don't go back until the end of January so I totally look forward to winter break!

      Delete