Saturday, November 26, 2011

Revivification Needed

I don’t know what it was this year that had me not feeling in the mood to be thankful?  Could it be the gloomy but warm weather, or maybe it was the fact that I wasn’t near my parents?  It’s not like we didn’t have a lovely time with my hubby’s family, and it certainly wasn’t like I don’t have a trillion things to be thankful for?  But I just felt in a funk, like I cheated my kids and hubby from a great time with me.  I don’t know what I would have done differently?  Maybe I could have tried to be in a better mood and done a better job of compartmentalizing my ever long to-do list? 


I have a massive paper due on Tuesday that I keep trying to push out of my mind and focus on family fun time but can’t.  I know that this paper isn’t hard work, but time consuming.  My school assignments seem to be lining up nicely as I close in on the last 3.5 weeks of school, but still are tedious.

My house is a mess and even though I want to put the tree up later tonight, I know the job will include cleaning up the front room and kitchen first. 

I want to play “Sorry Spin” with my son who bought this game yesterday morning in the hustle and bustle of Black Friday but keep putting it off.

Most importantly I want to take time and rejoice in God’s love for my life.  I want to get into memorizing scripture better so I can stand firm in the Word, when life gets me down.  I want to get out of the small minded thinking about my life’s up’s and down’s and focus more on the bigger picture of where my life is headed and what God has in store for me.  Maybe I’m just getting burnt out, and I think I need a revival.

5 comments:

  1. Hang in there sissy! It will come..... I was missing you and mom and pop yesterday. I am emotional mostly cause my aunt flo is coming soon. Maybe it's just something like that and tomorrow will be better!

    ReplyDelete
  2. You are doing a great job! Keep it up! I don't know how you are able to do it all, but I really admire you for it! :)

    Take care!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Holidays always seem to bring that out in us - thinking of those that are missing from our lives. And then the added stress of all there is to do. Once your paper is due you may feel better - best wishes!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Dome-thanks for your empathy.

    CC-I've been struggling for a few weeks, but I'll be grateful when winter break is upon me.

    FS-After I turned in my paper I was a lot better, then I skunked an Oxygenation exam and am back at the drawing board:-)

    ReplyDelete
  5. I really don't have many words of wisdom except to say I've been there. But you know what? I always try to look at the big picture. I am SO thankful to have gotten into the nursing program, it's like a 2nd chance at life, not just for me, but for my whole family. There is SO much I want to do with this degree, so many things I see changing in my life that even though I KNOW that the next two years are probably going to be the hardest years of my life, I am willing to sacrifice a bit for that. So, I guess what I'm trying to say is that 2 years is a very short time in our life span and you can do it. Remember that our Father knows the path before us and He will NEVER lead us the wrong way. "Make me walk along the path of your commands, for that is where my happiness is found." Psalm 119:35. "Show me the right path, O Lord; point out the road for me to follow." Psalm 25:4. Just stay in prayer and follow where He leads and you can't go wrong. Everything else will fall into place.

    ReplyDelete