Monday, March 21, 2011

Laughter and Giggling

Yesterday I was up and on the road by 9am to travel to Eau Claire to visit with my mom and two sisters.  We met at Olive Garden and the giggle factory started from there and continued throughout the day.  There was one point where my middle sister Dominique was slicing part of cheese filled puff bread thing so my mom could try it and while she was cutting the puff her finger slipped and gravy juice went splattering onto my older sister Karla's all white shirt.  The messy gravy even got in her hair and we all just had a big laugh about what happened.  It makes me chuckle to myself just thinking about it now.

Then we headed on over to the mall and walked around a bit.  I stopped off at the jewelry store to have my tennis bracelet fixed that my hubby bought me 10 years ago, that I've been meaning to get fixed but have been putting it off.  It is absolutely beautiful and I don't know why I was so lazy not to have it fixed before now.

My mom baked some cookies and fudge that we indulged in while sitting in the food court.  
It was a great beginning to my spring break to be able to hang out with just us girls and no husbands or kids that I wish we could do it more often.

After we were done eating our treats, I quickly got a set of vitals on all three of them to add to my list of (40) that I need completed by April 1st for school. 

Then we said our goodbyes and went to our separate cars, I had to fight off tears on my way back home because I miss them so much and wish I could meet up with them every weekend. 
But then as I was driving home telling my mom that very thing she said it wouldn't be as enjoyable, so it’s better off that we just save these times to once-in-awhile, and I agreed.

One of God’s greatest blessings is to have a supportive and loving family who you can turn to when you need them and they encourage and give you positive things to think about.  Thank you Lord for my family!

2 comments:

  1. Awww. I love this Zazzy. I am so happy that your family is so supportive of you. :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oh Rachey, I had such a blast! I'm so glad it worked for us to meet up. I always miss ya lady. I think this crude started that day for me, so I was a little out of it. But we did laugh a lot and that was nice, taking the stresses of our life and having a good time out. I can't wait til April! And really what are the odds of me doing that with my finger and Karla??? That made me laugh out loud again at work!

    ReplyDelete