Greetings from the snowy areas of the north, oy-vey the spring fever has be hitting me hardcore! On the positive side, I have quite the updates to bring you all.
1) My school semester has been moving right along and a ton of stress has been lifted from my shoulders with less school work! The only papers I have this semester is my Capstone (This paper often determines the student's chances of attending graduate school and is a lengthy and difficult paper to complete) and the only exams are my mid-terms and finals.
2) Speaking of school we had to retake the HESI again this semester and this time the result of the exam is a part of our grade. Knowing our min. score should be around 900, I came in at about 844. Shoot I missed it by that much…oh well. I’m not too bummed about the lower grade, I’ll just retake it in a few weeks and take the better of the two grades and own it. What’s funny is majority of the students in the class (75%) fail this exam semester after semester, yet when these same students take the NCLEX, they pass. I find it hard to directly correlate the results of the HESI, to how well a student does on the NCLEX. I’m thinking the results of the HESI prove the geniuses from the really really bright and highly smart students in the class. Either way I plan to set aside a few weeks of solid studying for the NCLEX after graduation, but that’s a different story.
3) I’m excited to order my cap, gown, and honor cords! I also have to order my nursing pin, my choices are ones that start at $60 and I can get fancy solid gold ones for $500, yikes huh? Why can’t I browse Amazon and buy a cheaper pin?? I’m trying to figure out what outfit I’d like to wear under my gown, dress or skirt or pants suit? I’m also trying to figure out how to wear my hair, knowing I have to wear that cap on top. I was thinking either a low bun or spiral curls sitting on my shoulders.
4) I’m SUPER thrilled to announce my great news (and sorry I did not tell you all sooner). I had that meeting with my supervisor on the birth center and informed her of my intentions of wanting a job as a nurse on the unit after I graduate. While she didn’t come right out and say that she would hire me, she did instruct me NOT to apply to any other units and that she would keep a spot for me, and to relax worrying about where I would end up when I’m done with school. She told me to keep my head in the books and to pass the boards! YahoooOOOOOOoooooooOOOOOOO! My ears were ringing the whole time because I could not believe it, but I was doing a happy dance. The Lord directly answered my prayers and put me where he wants me. Amen!
5) We’re still not sure the outlook on my hubby’s job, but we have made the decision to stay in Wisconsin. We’re just waiting for his boss and his bosses’ boss to make up their minds on all the details of what they want my hubby to do. Hopefully we’ll know more by the end of the month. There is a possibility we’ll still move to Texas, but now that percentage is much lower than it once was.
6) Either way, whichever state we will end up living in; we HAVE to sell our house. We have completely outgrown this home, which was once perfect for our small children, but has since gotten too small as the kids are getting older. We put our house up for sale last Monday, and have our first open house this coming weekend. We’re really praying it sells quickly so we don’t have to worry about later on having two house payments. We have a fabulous realtor who is working hard for us! Trust me getting this house ready to sell has been another test of our family relationship as a whole but in the end we have a great staged beautiful product, and we all still love each other.
7) We would appreciate all the prayers we could get from selling the house to having my hubby’s boss figure out all the details. Most importantly I’m asking for prayers that our family is moving in the direction that God wants for us. We want nothing other than being obedient to His will for our lives. Thank you everyone!