Friday, November 23, 2012

5 Things Friday

This week has been relaxing and wonderful, yet scary at the same time leaving me thankful.

Here is a picture of one of my favorite snowmen decorations
My dining room table, all set for Christmas

 My Black Friday score, it may look cheap but sure works great!
 See what it can do...fixed my blanket just.like.that
 The proof that teenage drivers aren't invincible
Look how awful crazy my daughter's car looks after her car accident last night.  Had her license for two months, and only after having the vehicle for a month and a half, she had her first accident.
She's okay but had the scare of her life.  She's not interested in driving anytime soon.  She ran a stop sign and hit head-on into another car at 25-30 mph.  Both drivers were okay.  
I've not experienced anything more scary than walking up to the accident scene with police cars, a fire truck, and ambulance (not to forget to mention both banged up cars) with their lights flashing and all I wanted to see was my daughter.  I would have pulled a car off of her if I had to at that point with all the adrenaline pumping, but thankfully it wasn't that bad.  My hubby and I followed her into the ambulance to get checked out.  Because the airbag went off she had gun powder on her and scratches and bruises all over.  Overall no LOC and all extremities had good blood flow with full ROM.  We opted to drive her to the ER to make sure no broken bones.  Later that night after the kids went to bed my hubby and I just looked at each other astonished and thankful.  

Thankful the Lord protected our daughter and kept her as safe as possible given the circumstances.

Here's hoping all of your Thanksgivings were just as thankful and blessed.

6 comments:

  1. I love placemats. I'm so glad that your daughter was ok. It's so scary when they start driving, you worry every time they pull out of the driveway.

    ReplyDelete
  2. so glad your baby girl is ok!
    i think it would be awesome to know how to sew :)
    oh the things you could do...

    ReplyDelete
  3. Praise God that He had mercy on her! I'm glad that she is ok! I had a car accident myself. I didnt hit anyone, but i ran into a ditch! That was the scariest thing i have ever experienced in my life!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Candi - Those placemats turn 365 degrees and follow each day of the month of December. Love them! Thanks you for your well wishes for my daughter, she is doing great.

    Misty - Thank you, my daughter is doing much better and in better spirits. I love to sew, it is one of my favorite past times. I can't wait to become an RN, so I can replace my school time with some fun crafting hobbies:-)

    Anonymous - Amen! I'm glad she was okay too, only by God's grace that nothing more serious didn't happen. Running into a ditch can be very frightening too I'd imagine.

    ReplyDelete
  5. thank goodness your daughter is ok...I can totally relate (don't know if you read my post from a month or so ago...)
    And yes, you will soon be done with school - then you'll have more time to do the things that you really want to do!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Thanks babyrndeb for your concern and well thoughts. No I didn't read your post from a month ago but I'll go search for it.

    Phew, truthfully I CANNOT wait to be done with school. I have a case of the Senior-itis majorly! :-) Have a wonderful Christmas.

    ReplyDelete